The Indonesian Forum for Mineral Exploration and Development
The Indonesian Forum for Mineral Exploration and Development Indonesia (EMD) is a not-for-profit association of domestic and foreign-owned mining sector companies active in Indonesia.
Its aim is to advance minerals exploration and project development throughout Indonesia and to bring together new companies with those well-established in the industry.
Recognizing the leading roles of the industry organisations and professional institutes, EMD sees an urgent need to activate all of the minerals sector to address issues such as the new exploration and production regulations of the mining law; modifications to contracts of work; coordination of cross-sector policies of government departments and between the central, provincial and local governments; and the public’s and parliament’s image of the industry as a whole.
The principal objectives of EMD :
- Promote exploration and mining in Indonesia in a commercially, politically, socially and environmentally responsible manner
- Attract new companies to the exploration sector in Indonesia
- Assist the Indonesian government in developing attractive exploration and mining policy
- Building relationships between exploration and mining companies with all other stakeholders in Indonesia
- Communicate the positive aspects of exploration and mining to the Indonesian public.
Membership of the Forum is open to all companies and individuals actively engaged in the Indonesian exploration and mining industry and explorers, producers and suppliers of equipment/services.